Membership In PPCTU
When you join Trout Unlimited, you are assigned to a chapter based on your zip code unless you specifically request membership in the Potomac-Patuxent (PPCTU) Chapter No. 236. Not a member of Trout Unlimited? Please go to JOIN TU NATIONAL. If you contact us as a new member of PPCTU, or if you have signed up to be a new member at an event where you have paid your Trout Unlimited dues and have requested to become a member of PPCTU, you will receive up to a year's subscription to the chapter publication, The Conservationist.
About our Annual Supporting Contribution (ASC)
As a Chapter we are not allowed to assess dues or fees for membership. Along with other fund raising events, we therefore ask for a $20 Annual Supporting Contribution (ASC) each September, to sustain the chapter's administration costs, educational programs, and community service projects including:
- Room rental for the monthly Chapter and board meetings at the Schwienhaut Center
- Trout in the Classroom program that teaches primary & middle schoolers the importance of cold water fisheries to our environment
- Support to TU fly fishing & conservation camps in Virginia and Pennsylvania, sponsoring attendance by high school students
- Support of the Project Healing Waters program at Ft. Meade that provides recreational activities to wounded warriors
- Conservation projects that restore trout habitats in rivers & streams across Maryland.
Anyone, including a member of other TU Chapters, who pays the Annual Supporting Contribution (ASC) between September thru March will receive a subscription to the chapter publication, The Conservationist and have additional PPCTU benefits listed below through the following September. ACS’s received between April and September will received these benefits through September of the following year.
Introductory Welcome Email for new members, containing:
- Link to New Members Page which contains:
- Information for New Fly Fishers
- Information for Fly Tyers
- Useful Conservationist Issues
Monthly Meeting with Guest Speakers:
- 7:00 PM, Usually the Third Wednesday in September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and May -- Public Welcome! Meetings are held at the Schweinhaut Senior Center, 1000 Forest Glen Rd., Silver Spring, Md. (Please check our website at ppctu.org for changes in the schedule or location.)
- Join the PPTU Listserver and share local fishing reports and other fishing news with chapter members via email. To subscribe, send an email from the email account you want added to the listserver, to email@example.com
- Access to an extensive library (both books and video) on fly fishing and fly tying.
Participate in Conservation Projects, including:
- Float stock Patuxent River Special Regulation Area, the Middle Patuxent Delayed Harvest Area and other local streams
- Habitat Improvement Projects in the Patuxent and Gunpowder Watersheds
- Assist DNR in fish surveys on local streams
Join other members in group Outings -- a great way to discover where to fish and other tips.
Use our Mentor Program to learn from experienced anglers.
Enroll in fly-tying & fly rod building classes at a reduced fee.
Your support for our Chapter with a $20 Annual Supporting Contribution (ASC) is greatly appreciated. For more information, see the About Us link.
I'm hooked -- how do I join?
It’s simple … By paying your annual Trout Unlimited dues, you are automatically a member of Potomac Patuxent Chapter No. 236 if identified by zip code or by your request. The Annual Supporting Contribution (ASC) is voluntary. Your tax deductible ACS helps this Chapter to maintain many activities, which in turn adds value to your trout fishing experience. Once you have paid your ASC, please go to Conservationist for information on its delivery. There are three ways to make your ASC:
Print the Annual Supporting Contribution Form, complete the form including the email address to receive The Conservationist electronically and mail it with your check to:
- Make a payment through PayPal with your credit card by clicking on the ASC Donation button. You do not need to be a PayPal member to use this feature. This will take you to PayPal's secure website to complete the transaction and you will be able to print a copy of your receipt and will also receive confirmation of your payment by email.
Bring your check to our next meeting and we'll sign you up there.
- Potomac-Patuxent Trout Unlimited
- PO Box 2865
- Wheaton, MD 20915